Ethoscopes are tools developed in the Gilestro lab to perform high throughput behavioural experiments.
They are individual video tracking units based on the raspberry pi microcomputer.
Many ethoscopes are generally used concurrently within the same platform.
The documentation herein is intended as a technical user manual for:
- People who wish to build and set up ethoscopes in their lab (from scratch)
- Experimenters who use them in the lab
- Maintainers who ensure the platform remains usable
- Developers who would like take part in the project (e.g. make new modules)
- Extra information about the ethoscope is available on our website http://gilestrolab.github.io/ethoscope
- The ethoscope platform is also published on PLoS Biology
- The online version of this manual can be accessed at https://qgeissmann.gitbooks.io/ethoscope-manual/
- A printable pdf version of this manual can be downloaded here